Empowered women empower the world.
In honor of Women’s History month, I’m excited to do the second annual Girl Banker Challenge! This year, I’m offering a few extras to those who register thanks to a collaboration with The Twiggs Group.
What is the point of the challenge?
This last year presented a variety of obstacles, specifically for women in the workforce. Some of us faced working from home while navigating through virtual schooling for our kids, while others worked on the front lines daily and juggled finding child care amidst the pandemic, among many other things. We all went into a form of crisis mode and worked through challenges that we weren’t exactly trained for. Forget work stress- we are all knocking on burnout’s door!
Last year, the Girl Banker Challenge involved highlighting women in banking with a social post and the use of the #theGirlBankerChallenge hashtag. This year, we are taking it a step further and focusing on three areas of empowerment over a 30 day period:
- Self Care– prioritizing 10 minutes per day to relax. This could be through prayer, meditation, exercise, enjoying a glass of wine, a long bath, or whatever you define as “self care”. This is your challenge!
- Self Development– prioritizing 10 minutes per day to reading (or listening to) a book or podcast. We plan to provide a great list of books, podcasts, and social media accounts that can get you started!
- Connection– prioritizing 10 minutes per day to empower other women through connection. Examples could include writing handwritten notes to your team members, sending texts of encouragement, or picking up the phone and checking on a friend. Can you imagine the impact of all of us spending time empowering others on a daily basis?
You mentioned perks…
Yes! Those who register will receive the following courtesy The Twiggs Group:
- A FREE Girl Banker Challenge Sticker
- A FREE Social Media Calendar with all National Holidays (yes, including the crazy ones!)
- FREE Instagram story templates to track your progress
How do I register?
Those interested in registering can do so by completing THIS FORM. Once you sign up, engage with others in the Girl Banker Facebook Group, a private group for women in banking, and on other social media platforms using the hashtag #theGirlBankerChallenge.
Our hope is that you’ll find time for YOU, learn something new, meet someone new, and empower other women during this challenge. We can’t wait to engage with all of you!
In partnership with Talk Business & Politics and the Northwest Arkansas Business Journal, I'm thrilled to report that the Girl Banker Podcast is now LIVE on Apple iTunes and right here at thegirlbanker.com! Click the images below to access the podcasts on Apple...
The Girl Banker Blog is fortunate to have guest blog writers that offer a different, yet much needed perspective to this space of advocacy. I'm honored to post this personal account submitted by a very respected girl banker that wishes to remain anonymous. I know my...
I'm a nerd. I LOVE strategic planning! There is something about the excitement of change, progress, and collaboration with my team that gets me jazzed! Throughout my banking career, I have been involved in various levels of Strategic Planning from market level to...
My friend and fellow girl banker, Shelly Loftin, SVP, Retail Banking, Payments, and Lending at the American Bankers Association is popping up once again as a guest blogger here on the Girl Banker blog. This time, Shelly is sharing her own saving story as the SAVE10...
I love when women in banking step out of their comfort zone and do something that challenges them. Sometimes, the idea of writing a blog post is scary! Believe me, I still panic each time I push "publish"! I was delighted with Ashley Cody, Market Vice President of...